Your initial appointment will often consist of an evaluation to determine if an endodontic procedure is required. During your evaluation, together we will determine what procedure will best suit your situation. This will include:
- A proper diagnosis of your specific situation.
- A discussion of all options for treatment and to see if treatment is necessary. Our staff and doctors will always have your best interest at heart, assisting you in making the best treatment decision for you! Sometimes an endodontic procedure is not the best option for treatment.
- A discussion of your needs or desires for sedation services.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your evaluation:
- Your referral card and any radiographs, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- The name and phone number of your physician.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your dental card. This will allow us to process any claims for you in an efficient manner and maximize your insurance benefits. Please note that your dental card is separate from your medical or Medicare card.
Also, be honest about any anxiety you have about this procedure, visit, and about any previous dental procedures. In addition to offering no-charge sedation our doctors can best meet your needs provided you communicate any of the above issues.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to endodontic treatment (i.e. artificial heart valves and joints, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatic fever, pregnant, etc) or if you are on any medication (i.e. anticoagulant therapy, baby aspirin, heart medications, medications such as Fosamax, Boniva, Actonel, etc.) If any of these conditions apply to you, a clearance letter from your physician may be required prior to any endodontic procedure.
Radiographs (X-rays) If your dentist or physician has taken radiographs, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time for your dentist to mail them, please pick them up and bring them to our office or have your dentist email them to our office. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will often take additional films to ensure an accurate diagnosis.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all visits.